[Translators-l] Wikimedia Election Translations

James Alexander jalexander at wikimedia.org
Sat Apr 18 04:15:38 UTC 2015

Ahoy Translators!

The 2015 Wikimedia Election is coming up very quickly and the call for
candidates (including banners) goes up on Monday. It would be really
awesome if you could take a look at the election pages to help translate
them so that more people can understand what's going on and contribute.
This is especially important because the Board and the FDC are aiming to
get more diversity this year both in terms of languages, countries and
representation from non Wikipedia projects. The best people to know who
within the community is right for the job will be the community themselves
and so the Election Committee
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Committee>
and I want to work to make sure everyone can take part.

The easiest links to use:

   - CentralNotice Banner
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-Election2015_BoardSubmission&filter=&language=en&action=translate>
   - High Priority Translations
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&language=en&group=agg-2015_Wikimedia_Elections&filter=%21translated&action=translate>
(this
   is for the main pages with instructions for candidates and users who want
   to nominate someone else, as well as for the letters from the Board and the
   FDC staff asking for candidates)
   - All Election Translations
   <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&language=en&group=agg-Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015&filter=%21translated&action=translate>

As always thank you for all of your work and please let us know if you have
any questions. We have a special talk page for translations
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2015/Translation>
that is available and I am always happy to answer questions by email as
well.

For the Election Committee

James Alexander
Community Advocacy