[Translators-l] GettingStarted extension

Steven Walling swalling at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 11 22:23:22 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Today we're starting to run an A/B test on 12 Wikipedias of a new tool that
recommends you things to edit. The good news is more than 80-90% of the
interface is translated in these 12 languages, so we can run the test
simultaneously in...

- English
- German
- French
- Spanish
- Italian
- Russian
- Chinese
- Ukrainian
- Swedish
- Dutch
- Hebrew

English, German, and Hebrew are 100% done, but the rest of those languages
have a few messages left to translate. These are error messages, so having
them untranslated shouldn't make the interface seem broken for now.
However, it would be great to have these 100% done. The A/B test will run
only with newly-registered users with randomized buckets, for two weeks
starting from today.

Thanks for all your help, now and in the past.

--
Steven Walling,
Product Manager