[Translators-l] Ready for translation: VisualEditor News #8 (2014)

Erica Litrenta elitrenta at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 8 21:36:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,
since we received several related community requests, I'm glad to announce
that the monthly VisualEditor newsletters will be translatable from now on.

Current issue:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Newsletter/2014/October

Direct translation link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=page-VisualEditor%2FNewsletter%2F2014%2FOctober

This will be delivered to the people who already signed up in the past
months (please sign up! [1]) in addition to a list of relevant pages which
includes at a minimum all the Wikipedias where VisualEditor is already the
default editor [2]. I plan to send it at the latest on Monday, morning time
for Europe.

(Please notice this issue will be a bit exceptional in that it covers two
months of updates instead of one, and it slightly overlaps with the days
translators usually dedicate to Tech News-related work.)

Special thanks to Whatamidoing (WMF) for providing the contents, to James
F. for reviewing them, to Guillaume for assisting me in setting the whole
mechanism up, and to those who will contribute.

Best,
Elitre (WMF)

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Newsletter
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Rollouts