[Translators-l] Request for quick translation: Privacy Policy Change Banner

James Alexander jalexander at wikimedia.org
Tue May 6 00:07:50 UTC 2014

Hi All,

The Legal team will be announcing later this week (currently planned for
Wednesday) the start of a 30 day notice period that the privacy policy will
be changing. This is the privacy policy that was discussed over a multi
month period on wiki ( https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Privacy_policy ) and
was recently approved by the board. You can find the banner text to
translate (using the translate extension) at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-PPChangeNotice2014&filter=.

If possible (transliteration is fine) we want to keep the day part of the
date ( 6 ) as a number so that, if the announcement date gets pushed back
for some reason or another, we can adjust the official starting date
without affecting the translations much.

Michelle is still finishing the blog post itself but the plan is to have it
available for translation as well so that over the course of the month we
can get it up in as many translations as possible.

If you'd prefer you can also send me the translation off list and I'm happy
to insert it. The current text is:
Our Privacy Policy is changing on 6 June 2014.
To learn more, click here.

We also have the 'close' text (shown you hover over the close button)
saying: Close

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation