[Translators-l] Translating the new Wikipedia Android App

Tilman Bayer tbayer at wikimedia.org
Sat Jun 28 06:21:28 UTC 2014

Hi Takashi,

the play store description was actually already added as the last
string to the group on translatewiki - you should see at at the bottom
of
https://translatewiki.net/w/i.php?title=Special:Translate&group=out-wikimedia-mobile-wikipedia-android-strings&filter=&action=translate&language=ja
.

BTW, as mentioned in the other thread, for those languages where the
app has been fully localized already, we want to run banners to notify
users in that language about the app:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2014-June/002640.html
- translations are still needed there for French, Italian, Russian,
and Dutch (Japanese is already done).

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 6:29 PM, Takashi OTA
<supertakot+translators at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about the software description on Google Play Store?
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.wikipedia&hl=ja
>
> I read this and found it is still written in English even in Japanese
> settings (of preferred language of the browser) to view this store.
>
> Once it's get uploaded on translatewiki.net, I could go ahead.
>
> --Takashi [[U:Takot]]

Tilman Bayer
Senior Operations Analyst (Movement Communications)
Wikimedia Foundation
IRC (Freenode): HaeB