[Translators-l] Help translate Thank You email from WMF's new ED

Jessica Robell jrobell at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 9 07:51:10 UTC 2014

Hi Takashi and Seb35,

Thank you very much for your help translating Lila's letter.

Regarding your question; the part that should be translated is "corporate
matching gift program", I have updated the variable in the translation
extension, hopefully this makes it clearer. Also, thank you for spotting
the typo in the English version Seb35. The copy has been updated
accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your valuable help and support.

Kind regards,

Jessica

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Seb35 <seb35wikipedia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le Fri, 06 Jun 2014 18:42:40 +0200, Takashi OTA <
> supertakot+translators at gmail.com> a écrit:
>
>  On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 1:19 AM, Takashi OTA
>> <supertakot+translators at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> For example, I'm wondering which part of [#matching gifts corporate
>>> matching gift program]
>>>

>> More specifically, the text
>> "please find out if your company has a [#matching gifts corporate
>> matching gift program]."
>> seems that "#matching gifts" is a variable and "corporate matching
>> gift program" is the
>> text appeared. If "#matching" is a variable and "gifts corporate
>> matching gift program" is
>> the text appeared, it sounds strange for me.
>>

> Interested also by the response.
>
> Else a minor typo in the English version (I guess): "I thank you _for for_
> keeping Wikipedia".
>
> ~ Seb35

Jessica Robell

Global Fundraising Coordinator