[Translators-l] WMF's multilingual fundraising campaign 2014

Jessica Robell jrobell at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 14 16:09:05 UTC 2014

*Dear all,*

*Happy New Year!I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself
and inform you of the international fundraising campaigns we will be
running in 2014. My name is Jessica Robell and I have recently joined the
fundraising team at the Wikimedia Foundation. My work will to a large
extent be focused around translations for the multilingual fundraising
campaigns.During last year's international campaigns we ran fundraising
messages in approximately 50 languages and raised approximately $7 million
USD from nearly half a million donors. The campaign was very successful and
we would like to thank each and everyone of you who contributed to its
success. As we begin this year, we are excited to start our multilingual
fundraising campaign. Our objective is to develop quality translations of
our most successful English banner text in as many languages as possible.
In addition, we will separate the year into ‘language sections’ where we
will focus on one or two languages at a time to create appealing messages
that are well adapted to specific language and culture codes.In order to
reach this objective, we need your help. To begin, please help us translate
the English banner text into your language by clicking on the link below
link and choosing your
language.https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-FR2014_translations&action=translate
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-FR2014_translations&action=translate>
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-FR2014_translations&action=translate>All
work and communications around translations will be organized on the
‘Fundraising Translation Hub’.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/Translation
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising/Translation>  Here you can
find instructions on how to translate, as well as a list of texts that need
translating. (Please note that this page is currently being updated with
regards to both content and layout.)In addition to using the translation
extension, the aim is to put together a pool of translators per language
who are interested in collaborating on new testing ideas for their
particular language. If you are interested in helping out, I would be most
grateful. Please contact me by email jrobell at wikimedia.org
<jrobell at wikimedia.org>.If you have questions, concerns of any feedback you
would like to share, please send me an email or a message on my talk page
(user jrobell). I look forward to collaborating with you and wish you a
happy, healthy and prosperous year ahead.Kind regards, *

Jessica Robell

Global Fundraising Coordinator
Wikimedia Foundation