[Translators-l] Tech/News translations title

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 9 20:31:44 UTC 2014

I do not see the interest of duplicating the existing title already in the
Translate: namespace into a separately translatable template (which will
also recreate an entry for the translated item, so the item will be tripled
!
Why don't you just test and use the existing Page title item which is
directly in the Translations: namespace ?

Post the mass message with title (French version tested here):

[[m:Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2014/07|{{subst:#ifexist:Translations:Tech/News/2014/07/Page
display title/fr|{{Translations:Tech/News/2014/07/Page display
title/fr}}|Tech News: 2014-W07}}

Note that you could even create a template that uses TNT to get the
translated title:

    {{TNT|Translations:Tech/News/2014/07/Page display title}}

TNT by default uses the language detected in the content of the current
page (independantly of user's preference) ; to use the user
preferred/selectedlanguage (like Special:MyLanguage/) you can pass the
parameter "uselang={{uselang}}", e.g.

    {{TNT|Translations:Tech/News/2014/07/Page display
title|uselang={{uselang}}}}