[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #34 (2014)

Tomasz W. Kozłowski twkozlowski at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:13:42 UTC 2014

Hi again,
as a follow-up to my previous e-mail as well as to the e-mail I sent
out on Sunday — and as I wrote to some of you on Meta-Wiki — I
strongly suggest that you consider /not/ translating Tech News this
week in protest against the recent actions of the Foundation.

I have explained my reasoning in detail in my previous e-mail, so I
won't repeat it here: I'll only say that /not/ translating Tech News
this week is a good method of bearing pressure on the Foundation, as
it goes against the goals that they set themselves as an organization.

It might be just a small gesture, but we are seeing similar protests
and strikes from all sides of the Wikimedia community — admins
resigning or going inactive, regular users withdrawing article
namespace contributions, OTRS agents stopping their work.

As the saying goes, little strokes fell greats oaks, so if you
disagree with what the Foundation has done (and keeps doing), please
consider not translating Tech News this week.

Let's all hope that the Foundation reverse their decision so we can
get back to work and make the Wikimedia movement better through
discussion and consensus rather than through the threat and use of
force.

Thank you!

                Tomasz W. Kozlowski
                a.k.a. [[user:odder]]