[Translators-l] Thank you for Tech News & see you soon

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 10 17:59:54 UTC 2014

Wasn't this patch was reverted ?
Anyway it is a patch within MediaWiki software, which may be useful with
some wikis outside Wikimedia. It i not a patch meant to be used on
Wikimedia projects without discussions ab out how "superadmins" will be
designated and without a policy about their nomination and permitted
actions.
The patch is initially WITHOUT any user allowed (not even any existing
default admin groups). I think that if it is integrated in Wikiemdia
projects, they will include some existing administrator groups but there
will be a need for discussing which groups to include in them; my opinionis
that if they are implemented, all their actions will need to be coordinated
by a common action approved by at least two or three admins in this group,
which are also admins on distinct wikimedia projects; to avoid superabuse.
But without a policy, no one can be nominated for now (and I don't think
that even the WMF staff should be member of this group, unless they are
nominated by the community).

I don't see why you take this decision so fast when this has not even been
deployed and this patch was even reverted !

There are tons of options in MediaWiki that are not used in Wikimedia
projects but meant for other wikis (including wikis for closed proprietary
projects).