[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech news summary #43

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Sat Oct 26 18:38:19 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> Translated to Hebrew. Thanks for preparing this.

Thank you for translating it :)

> * In the part about Toolbox/Tools you may want to let people know somehow
> that it was already changed for their languages. It was already
> re-translated for Hebrew, and I just decided to be bold and add it to the
> translation of the newsletter.

Good point. I've added a short note about this (in another sentence so
existing translations wouldn't be invalidated).

> * "you can now use it on pages in the $file, $help and $cat spaces" - how
> will these variables appear? In the language of the target wiki?

Yes. The variables are in the form {{ns:File}}, so they'll appear in
the language of the wiki where they're posted.

> * About BetaFeatures: "Another example is a change in how text is
> displayed." - I'm not quite sure what does it refer to and I won't know what
> to tell other Wikipedians if they will ask me about it. Can you maybe
> provide a clearer example or a link to documentation?

Keegan helped you there :) Let me know if you have other questions.

--
Guillaume Paumier