[Translators-l] Ready for translation: Tech news summary #24, distributed tomorrow

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 12 19:03:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> once again, this notification is sent too late, in the middle of the night
> before the publication!

I deeply value the work of translators, and I appreciate their
constraints. Please also appreciate that putting together the
newsletter isn't trivial; it takes times, we also have constraints,
and sometimes you can't plan for an electricity outage that will delay
your train by 4 hours (this happened to me this week-end and delayed
the latest issue).

If there are people interested in helping out with the monitoring of
tech changes, and with putting together the newsletter, we could
certainly use the help, and it may make the process more reliable.

Let's just please continue to assume good faith and do our best to
work together.

> Please notify translators before, change your schedules !

Tomasz and I have agreed to try and make the newsletter ready for
translators by Saturday night (instead of Sunday night) and to send it
out to subscribers on Sunday night, based on the assumption that it's
easier for translators to contribute on the week-end than on a week
day.

Let's see how that works out, and we'll adjust further if necessary.

--
Guillaume Paumier