[Translators-l] Drop down banner - Italian translations needed

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 17:45:00 UTC 2013

I would translate but I receive the message that the website is in a
read-only mode.

Is there something that I should do before?

On 22.01.2013 18:37, Joseph Seddon wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> So I wanted to do two things, firstly a brief keeping you guys in the
> loop on the state of the international fundraiser and what to expect
> over the coming months.
>
> As many of you may know from the metric's meetings and emails to the
> wikimedia-l list last november, the plan is to shift from the big push
> annual fundraiser to a more subtle, lower impact year round
> fundraiser. This is going to be happening over the coming months and I
> am sure that more details about how exactly this will happen will
> appear in time.
>
> With regards to the international portion of the 12/13 fundraiser, we
> intend to restart testing in the top ten languages in the coming
> weeks, with the remainder of languages following later on. This means
> that you will start seeing translation requests coming in somewhat
> regularly over the coming months. Most of work that was done will
> still be used so nothing has gone to waste but there is a greatly
> expanded thank you portion to the fundraiser featuring numerous
> editors from all backgrounds that will require alot of work.
>
> We are going to aim to try and keep a torrent of notifications from
> being sent out so some will be sent out in batches via a bot as well
> as through this mailing list to at least reduce some of the annoyance.
>
> If you have any questions feel free to ask here or email me.
>
> The final thing I wanted to ask is I could really do with some
> *Italian *translations for this request:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ATranslate&taction=translate&group=page-Fundraising+2012%2FTranslation%2FDrop+down+banner&language=it&limit=100&task=view
>
> Italian is going to be the first of the big languages to undergo a big
> testing phase.
>
> Thank you :)

> Joseph Seddon
>
> Fundraiser Translation Coordinator
> Wikimedia Foundation

Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH
Verein zur Förderung Freien Wissens
Association pour l'avancement des connaissances libre
Switzerland - 8008 Zürich
Tel: +41764821371
http://www.wikimedia.ch