[Translators-l] 2012 Editor Survey is about to launch

Niklas Laxström niklas.laxstrom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:23:31 UTC 2012

On 29 October 2012 15:02, Tilman Bayer <tbayer at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> The 2012 Editor Survey will start today on Wikipedia projects and
> Commons. Many people have already helped with providing and reviewing
> translations on Meta. But we can still use help for a last
> double-check of the translated questionnaires as they appear in the
> actual survey, to help ensure that survey participants won't encounter
> issues when taking the survey in their own language:

> . (For those not yet familiar with the Translate extension interface:
> Go to the translation that you want to correct, then click "translated
> version" on top. The downward arrow ("↓") links on the left allow to
> edit the corresponding translation unit.)

Just a small note: the arrow gives a link with anchor that you can
pass to other people. Clicking the link text or double clicking the
translation column opens the translation editor.

For proofreading I suggest using the review mode which shows what you
have not already reviewed (have to be logged in):
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Translate?taction=proofread&group=page-Research%3AWikipedia+Editor+Survey+August+2012%2FQuestions&task=acceptqueue

  -Niklas

--
Niklas Laxström