[Translators-l] Heads up - Some language tests running

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 28 03:07:42 UTC 2012

The French version (at least), is effective in France (at least), on all
Wikimedia wikis since several days. It appears systematically on all
visited pages up to the point that the user dismisses it on EACH visited
wiki.

If these notifications are global across all wikis, why dismissing it in
one wiki requires us to dismiss it in EVERY visited wiki ? It's irritating
when we just visit a series of localized versions of Wikipedia, just to
check the targets of interwikis.

It should be displayed once in Commons, once for all Wikipedia editions,
and only once for all editions of Wiktionary. i.e. at most once per
Wikimedia project independantly of its language edition without needing to
dismiss it everywhere when it was read.

Users with SUL accounts, and that dismiss the notification, should dismiss
the same global notitication across all wikis of the same project that are
operated under SUL.