[Translators-l] SVG translation: qqq useful?

Harry Burt jarry1250 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:45:07 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Translating a SVG often does not require just translating the text
> itself, but also adapting its layout. Frequently, the labels have to
> be moved slightly.

Hey Philippe. The current prototype (when it is finished) will allow
for x/y-nudging, changing fonts and changing font-sizing (all of which
you quite rightly mention).

> But the most problematic cases ocur when the color maps are badly
> chosen : small font sizes are hard to read when they are not
> contrasting enough. All labels should be only white or black. But the
> widest gammut of distinctive background is possible only with lighter
> backgrounds, so that most labels should be only black.

I hadn't considered allowing the "translator" to recolour a label, but
it's definitely something I'll look into.

Thanks,
Harry

--
Harry Burt (User:Jarry1250)