[Translators-l] Survey results and Meta translation plan

Niklas Laxström niklas.laxstrom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:23:04 UTC 2012

2012/2/15 Jon Harald Søby <jsoby at wikimedia.org>:
> Hei folkens,
>
> I just posted the results from the survey of the 2011 fundraiser translators
> on Meta, for anyone who is
> interested: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2011/Translation/Translator_survey
> It is in a somewhat summarised form, highlihting the most interesting
> results, but if you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask on the
> talk page.

This confirms that you did a fantastic job with the fundraiser :)

> I have also posted the plan for the next project I'm working on, which in a
> nutshell is to improve the Meta translation experience for translators and
> translation requesters alike. The plan can be seen
> here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jsoby/Meta_translation_project_plan ,
> and I would love it if you would read through it  and give comments and
> suggestions (both about the plan itself and any improvements suggestions you
> may have) on the talk page.

Since so many translators wanted to be beta testers, are there
ways/things we could test this way?

"working version of a new translation meta page up and available for
translator feedback"
Meta page? Page on meta? How are you planning to collect that
feedback? There has been plans to integrate "give feedback" feature to
the Translate extension, but it has been postponed because we haven't
got help with the feedback system.

  -Niklas

--
Niklas Laxström