[Translators-l] Two requests in preparation for the upcoming deployment of MediaWiki 1.19

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 10 14:38:08 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I'm coming to you today to request your assistance to translate
material in preparation for the upcoming deployment of MediaWiki 1.19
(the new version) to Wikimedia sites.

The first request is to update the translations for the CentralNotice
banner: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/Generic_maintenance_notice

This translation request uses a simple wiki page; just edit the
relevant section for your language.

I've added one sentence to the existing text; what needs to be
translated is highlighted in orange.

The second request is to translate the landing page, i.e. the page
that people will see when they click the link in the banner:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_maintenance_notice

This translation requests uses the new Translate system. Click the
"Translate this page" link at the top of the page and let the
instructions guide you.

I've imported as much translated content as possible from the previous
translations of this landing page to save translators' time. I've also
done the French translation for both requests.

Also, note that the link to the Wikimedia blog isn't working yet: the
article will be published later today, but I added the link to avoid
having to update the translations later.

If you have any question or comment, I'm happy to help.

Many thanks for your assistance!

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation