[Translators-l] TranslateSvg: beta version available for testing

Harry Burt jarry1250 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 21:48:33 UTC 2012

[Apologies for the cross-post]

Hey all,

After a short delay while I sorted out a Wikimedia Labs account, I am
pleased to announce that version 2.0 of the TranslateSvg extension is
officially available for testing [1].

TranslateSvg enables the easy translation of virtually any (currently
93.1%, but increasing all the time) SVG image containing text, with
the result embedded into the SVG file so that graphical updates
instantly propagate to all language versions [2].

Available for testing are three images to give you a feel for the
interface. There's likely to be one future change - the introduction
of an extra dialog box - but it's 99% feature complete. Well, until
*you* tell me what's wrong with it :)

So what are you waiting for? Find ten minutes and get yourself to
http://translatesvg.wmflabs.org/wiki/Main_Page .

Many thanks,
Harry

--