[Translators-l] (Limited) translations around the next deployments of MediaWiki

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 13 07:51:02 UTC 2012

Hi all,

The Wikimedia Foundation has started to deploy the latest version of
MediaWiki, labeled "1.20wmf1".

Deployments will now happen every two weeks (tentatively) so I've
modified the set of pages we use to communicate to our users, so that
they don't require too much updating every time.

In particular, the landing page for the CentralNotice maintenance
banner is now using transclusion to avoid invalidating the
translations.

If you have a few minutes, your help would be welcome to do the following:

* Update the translations of
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_maintenance_notice to
implement the transclusion;

* Check https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/Generic_maintenance_notice
to see if the translation of the banner in your language is complete.

* Additionally, if you're willing, there is a more complete summary of
changes available for translation at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_1.20/wmf1 ; I've already done
the French translation. This will change for each deployment.

Many thanks for your continued help!

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation