[Translators-l] Upcoming upgrade of MediaWiki to version 1.18

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 20 12:42:55 UTC 2011

Greetings,

The Wikimedia Foundation will be upgrading MediaWiki to version 1.18
on all Wikimedia sites over the next weeks.

The upgrade will happen in at least three stages; we will display a
CentralNotice banner for each stage, focusing on the wikis affected.

The English version of the landing page is at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_maintenance_notice

Please help update the localized landing page in your language if it
exists. You may also create a new subpage for your language if it
doesn't already exist.

You can also check that there is a translation of the banner itself in
your language at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/CentralNotice/Generic_maintenance_notice

Thank you in advance. I'm available if anyone has questions or comments.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation