[Translators-l] Please help us translate the November 2011 Editor Survey

Ayush Khanna akhanna at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 2 02:35:24 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The questionnaire for the November 2011 Editor Survey - the second
semi-annual Editor Survey conducted by the Wikimedia Foundation, is now
ready. This edition of the survey will serve as a longitudinal study, and
will help us understand the changes in editor demographics, needs and
experiences.

We are hoping to offer the survey in 19
languages: Arabic, Catalan, Danish, German, English, Spanish,
Finnish, French, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch,
Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified.
Since we have limited resources to program the survey in multiple
languages, we used the data from the previous survey to arrive at this
list. Please help us by translating the survey to all these languages! The
meta page is located at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikipedia_Editors_Survey_November_2011/Translation

In addition, the Survey Banner remains unchanged from the previous
iteration of the survey, except for the addition of the word "Second". The
meta page, with the last survey's translations in place, can be found at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikipedia_Editors_Survey_November_2011/CentralNotice.
Of course, for the banner, we welcome translations in all languages.

We are aiming to launch the survey by the third week of November, so it
would be great if it were possible to have translations completed by the
hard deadline of Monday, November 14.

Thanks a lot for your help. In case there are any questions/concerns,
please contact me.

Ayush Khanna
Data Analyst, Global Development
Wikimedia Foundation
415.839.6885 x6805

PS: To learn more about the survey, and the choice of languages, read the
FAQ at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Wikipedia_Editors_Survey_November_2011