[Translators-l] Wikipedia Editors Survey 2011

vassia atanassova vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 20:44:41 UTC 2011

Hello everybody!

I'm translating the survey to Bulgarian and I reached question Q3, which I
believe needs clarification, especially considering the preceding questions.

*Q3. What is your user access level? (Please choose all that apply) *

Having asked the editor to first list ALL applicable versions of Wikipedia
where they contribute, and then the ONE where they contribute primarily, its
obscure then which of both aspects does Q3 exactly refer to. For instance, I
may contribute to both Bulgarian and English Wikipedia (Bulgarian being the
primary one) and I may have a basic account on the English WP, while being a
sysop on Bulgarian WP. Then, how am I supposed to answer the question? :)

Hence, the question should either stipulate that the answer is given for the
*primarily edited *version of Wikipedia, OR it shall allow the user to
provide their * maximal *user access level ever reached. I think both
answers would be helpful for the survey, or even one of them, as long as all
users understand the question uniformly.

I've posted this question on the talk page
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikipedia_Editors_Survey_2011/Translation#Q3_needs_clarification
but I decided that it may be a good idea to post it here too, considering
some translations have already been completed, while this issue may trigger
rewording of the original...

Best wishes!
Vassia