[Translators-l] Wikipedia Editors Survey 2011

whym whym at livedoor.com
Thu Mar 10 13:40:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

I need some clarification for several questions in the survey.

D1a. In what year did you first start contributing to Wikipedia?
-- Do you accept non-Gregorian calendars here?  If not, we might
better to give some indication with the box, for example, something
equivalent to " A.D. _____ ".  Without any given notice, people might
expect their own calendars.

D11. In a typical day, how much time do you spend on your computer?
-- The candidates here look less regular.  Is it intentional to have
"8-9" as the second candidate, not "9-10"?

Q9.
-- Here you mention several websites/services including Facebook and
Farmville.  Those examples might give less or no information to
non-English users.  Are we allowed to "localize" it into a well-known
counterpart in our own language community?
(Sir48 asked the same question at [[meta:Talk:Wikipedia Editors Survey
2011/Translation/en]], and got no reply yet.)

Best,
Whym