[Translators-l] testing localization

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sat Jan 8 22:34:54 UTC 2011

2011/1/9 Paul Selitskas <p.selitskas at gmail.com>:
> Yeah, I totally agree your idea. We should have an all-included wiki
> to test interfaces (both administrative and editorial parts). Of
> course, it is a bit complicated.

I am talking not so much about the need for testing - it is quite
clear that everything should be tested.

It's more about How to test: What are the testing strategies, how to
plan the testing process, how to write test suites, how to update the
test plan along with the software, how to check that the test suite
covers all the aspects of the software etc.

A lot of it just seems like obvious common sense, but i guess that in
the software industry there are also methodologies, which are written
down in books and taught in courses. These methodologies aren't
necessarily good - if there's anyone here who is experienced with a
*bad* localization testing methodology, it will be very useful to hear
about it, too! :)