[Translators-l] Translations for Wiki X banners and ten.wikipedia.org

Alex Zariv azariv at wikimedia.org
Sat Jan 8 03:27:08 UTC 2011

Hey translators!

As I'm sure many of you know, Wikipedia's 10th Anniversary is coming up
on January 15th.  We have quite a few things planned to celebrate the
event, but we need your help with them to make sure that the event is a
success!

We have two new translation requests related to "Wiki X":

* a new set of banner texts.  These texts will be shown at the top of
all wikis, notifying people about Wikipedia's anniversary. You can
translate these banners on Meta:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Contribution_Banners

* the main page of tenwiki.  tenwiki (ten.wikipedia.org) is the
multilingual hub for all things related to Wikipedia's 10th anniversary
celebration.  We'll be sending both readers and editors to this website
during the celebration, so it would be great if we could get the main
page translated into as many languages as possible. You can translate
the main page directly on tenwiki: http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

As always, please don't hesitate to ask us for help if you have any
questions.

Thank you for everything you do, and Happy 10!

- Casey and Alex

--
Alex Zariv (Az1568)
Associate Community Officer, Wikimedia Foundation

Support Free Knowledge: http://donate.wikimedia.org/