[Translators-l] Der Mundo, a new crowd translation tool for the web, looking for beta testers

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Sun Feb 27 03:41:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 06:52:07PM -0500, James Alexander wrote:
> It would be great to have it linked to Wikipedia in some way if that
> worked out but I think linking it to Facebook is a good thing
> actually. Efforts to lightly connect with popular social media sites
> like that can help drive the knowledge,understanding and use of
> great projects like this and open source/free knowledge in general.

I think using Facebook to attract more people to the free world is a
healthy use, but to *require* using Facebook, within the borders of
the free world, is a fundamentally different thing.

That's not to say that the idea behind this translation platform is
something I'd personally not like, or want to use. It's the opposite
that led me to post here.

--Osama Khalid