[Translators-l] Translation coordinators for fundraiser needed

Jon Harald Søby jsoby at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 12 00:31:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

The 2011 fundraiser is soon coming up, and we want it to be a success in
every way, including localization. You may remember Casey posting an
e-mail<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/translators-l/2011-June/001716.html>about
a survey for translators in June. I want to thank all of you who
participated in the survey, we got many responses from people who are
interested in helping.

This year we want to build teams for the different languages, with each team
having one or two coordinators to make sure the translations are done in
time and with good quality. We have coordinators for many languages already,
but there are still some big languages that have no coordinators, and we
could need more volunteers doing that. These languages include:

   - Dutch
   - *French*
   - German
   - *Hindi*
   - Italian
   - *Japanese*
   - Portuguese
   - Spanish

These are the most important languages where coordinators are needed. For
the bold ones we don't have any coordinators yet, for the others we have
one. If you are interested in coordinating one of these languages, please
e-mail me. If you want to help coordinate another language or help out with
translation or proofreading, do the same.

Cheers,
Jon Harald Søby
Fundraiser Production Coordinator