[Translators-l] test the editor survey

Mani Pande mpande at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 11 15:49:42 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,
Thanks a lot for everyone who provided the feedback about the editor
survey. Here are answers to some of your questions:

    * The English survey has an extra question about anonymous edits. It
      was added after the translations were completed. We will include
      it in the next version of the survey for all languages.
    * We will make more questions optional. But it is important for us
      to collect data on age, gender, education at the least.
    * The best way to report errors is through email to me or Casey
      Brown. I always read my email, I might not reply to folks
      individually, but I will make sure that your suggestions are taken
      into account before we run the survey. I am going to gather all
      the problems that you have pointed to and ask our programmer to
      fix them.
    * We are going to delete the question which asks respondents when
      they started editing the survey. The Lime Survey interface does
      not allow programming of only the year or month/year.
    * We will be drawing data from user profile: edit history (total
      number of edits and year they started editing) for analysis.
    * This survey is a "pilot survey" in the sense that we are testing
      what are good questions to ask the community, gather baseline data
      about the community. We will use the survey as a prototype to
      streamline future surveys. Our plan is to do the survey every six
      months.

Thanks
Mani

Mani Pande, PhD