[Translators-l] test the editor survey

Mani Pande mpande at wikimedia.org
Sat Apr 9 15:06:00 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

As most of you are aware we are in the process of launching the editor
survey shortly. We are very excited as the survey has been programmed,
and is currently available in 22 languages. Thanks for making this
possible. We would not have had the survey in 22 languages without the
help of all the editors who volunteered their time to translate the survey.

The survey is available in the following languages: English, Chinese
(traditional, Hong Kong), Chinese (simplified), Serbian, Russian,
Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, Macedonian, Italian, Hungarian, Croatian,
Hebrew, French, Finnish, Spanish, German, Danish, Welsh, Catalan,
Bulgarian and Arabic.

Before we launch the survey, we would like to test the non-English
surveys. I am hoping that some of you would be willing to test the
survey in your native language. I want to test the survey for  language
and timing. It will be akin to taking the survey like a respondent, but
feedback to make the survey better. You can click on the following link
to test the survey:

http://survey.wikimedia.org/index.php?sid=52769&lang=en

I am hoping to test the survey on two important criteria:
1. Timing: Please take the survey without any interruptions, and give us
an estimate of how long it took to complete the survey. In English, it
takes about 20 minutes to complete the survey.
2. Language: Are the questions easy to understand? I would like to make
sure that the questions are valid in the local cultural context. Is the
translation (survey and interface) broken in any way?

We will close the test on April 13, Wednesday at 12.00 PM (PST). Please
send your feedback to me at mpande at wikimedia.org till Wednesday.

Thanks in advance
Mani