[Translators-l] Call for translations: Subtitles for Wikipedia Videos

Takashi OTA supertakot+translators at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 23:50:48 UTC 2010

Hi lists,

I've already finished four subtitles of Japanese versions, however, have
one question about [[File:Wikipedia_User_Name_MEDIUM.ogv.en.srt]].
(So, as you may imagine, what I have to "translate" were very limited
sentences. :-)
It seems a good footage to show Wikimedia projects have been
made by multi-ethnic and multi-cultural people. Amazing. BTW,
these user names are originally all written in alphabet and numeric
characters? I kept all usernames unchanged because these are
proper noun, or unique ID, so I thought changing them is not
respecting those users. But if some of their user names are written
other characters, describing them as original spelling is not a bad idea.

--OTA Takashi [[User:Takot]]