[Translators-l] Call for translations: Subtitles for Wikipedia Videos

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 5 06:49:31 UTC 2010

2010/10/4 Olli <ollinpostit at gmail.com>:
> So, have I understand right, user not need to have any Commons gadget to
> watch subtitled videos? And you will upload the subtitles to YouTube?

Dear Olli,

yes, we will upload the subtitles to YouTube (some are already there),
and no gadgets are required to view the subtitles there.

To view the subtitles on Wikimedia Commons, viewers will have to
enable the mwEmbed gadget. We hope that it'll become part of the
standard Commons experience in the future.

All best,
Erik

--
Erik Möller