[Translators-l] New request: Licensing tutorial for Wikimedia Commons

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 5 22:39:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

As you may have seen on the Wikimedia Blog, we just published an
illustrated licensing tutorial for Wikimedia Commons:

http://blog.wikimedia.org/blog/2010/11/05/illustrated-licensing-tutorial-wikimedia-commons/

The tutorial will be integrated into the new upload wizard (to be
enabled at the end of the month) and I'm coming to you today to help us
translate and localize it.

This translation request is a bit special, since it consists not only of
translating text, but also of localizing some of the graphics (if
needed).

If you feel uncomfortable updating / creating the graphics yourself, you
can focus on the translation and someone else will add your translation
to a localized version of the tutorial.

I already did the French translation, in order to identify the biggest
problems that could be encountered during the translation. I've added
some recommendations & instructions on the coordination page.

Please read them carefully, as it will save your time and ensure we can
publish your work in the software interface.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_tutorial

If you have any question, comment or doubt, please ask on the talk page
and I'll do my best to help solve the issue.

--
Guillaume Paumier
Product Manager - Wikimedia Foundation