[Translators-l] Second appeal from Jimmy

vassia atanassova vassia.atanassova at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:37:06 UTC 2010

Hi, all.
I'm almost ready with the Bulgarian translation. There is a phrase, however,
that puzzles me and colleagues of mine, whom I asked for advised. What is
the phrase *"...and leave waste to others"* supposed to mean in the overall
context of the appeal?
Thanks.
Vassia

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Philippe Beaudette <
pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Translators,
>
> We've posted a second appeal from Jimmy for translation at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Jimmy_appeal_2
>
> <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Jimmy_appeal_2>This one
> is performing very well in English, but may be tricky to translate - it's
> idiomatic.  This is probably a good time to mention again that we're looking
> for localization - not strict, word-for-word translation.  If a phrase
> doesn't work, don't use it, or substitute something better.  :)
>
> Thank you!
>
> pb
>
> _______________________
> Philippe Beaudette
> Head of Reader Relations
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>
> ofc: +1 415 839 6885 x6643
> mobile: +1 918 200 WIKI (9454)
>
> pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
>
> *Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in *
> *the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://donate.wikimedia.org*

Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share the sum of all
knowledge.
Help us make it a reality!  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate