[Translators-l] Read Now button l10n

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Mon Dec 13 20:03:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Michael Wolf <milupo at sorbzilla.de> wrote:
> Who did have the nonsensical idea to use an image button? Text on images
> means hardcoding, such texts are untranslateable unless new buttons are
> created for every language. That is a symptom of ignorance.

I would assume that it's because images are often easier to implement.
 The hard-coding wasn't a problem when this was implemented because it
was only being used on English banners.

It actually turns out that they had the same idea we did and added it
to the editor appeal banners:
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:NoticeTemplate/view?template=20101211_EA002B_LC&wpUserLanguage=es>
 So it looks like we have an easy fix now... WMUK can just copy the
button text into their banners. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023