[Translators-l] Appeals currencies (again)

KIZU Naoko aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 08:57:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

2010/12/13 Philippe Beaudette <pbeaudette at wikimedia.org>:
> Aphaia,
> If you look at the English letters (meaning English-only), you'll see that
> it's an increasing ask string.

Persoally I'm fully aware that intent; genuine rhetorical demand and
pitch increasing, not decreasing.

But please remind it was *NOT criticism of MY OWN", but from the
external. And as an inquiry from a (supposedly) Japanese national
living in Australia, not every Japanese are living only on Japanese
soil. And even in Japan, there are a plenty of chance to land English
landing page; I landed the English page quite often specially I had
been on the English-default projects (perhaps partly because my
browsers are non translated, US-en build). While such people would be
a linguistic minority, but I am not sure if it is so small in a number
as to be ignored.

> We started with the currency most people would likely be familiar with
> (besides their own) and then selected others to fill in the string.
> Someone's had to be the highest ask.

Point taken, but imho more than twice is ridiculously a bad idea,
specially it is criticizing under the racism suspicion.