[Translators-l] Read Now button l10n

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Sat Dec 11 14:52:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Paul Selitskas <p.selitskas at gmail.com> wrote:
> The point is that pushing translated 'Read
> Now' button for this banner's rollout would be much better solution.

That would probably be helpful, since I think English has found that
the buttons helped them a lot.  An easy solution for this would be to
use an HTML button for the translations instead of an image button,
just like we did in 2007:
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/2007/Donate/es>

This button would be able to just pull the text translation like any
other CentralNotice translation, making it a lot easier for us to
publish.  It might not look as pretty, but it's easy to publish,
changes to the size of the message, and is more flexible.

Does that sound doable/desirable?

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023