[Translators-l] Read Now button l10n

Eleri James elerijms at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 13:54:17 UTC 2010

Are you in the UK? I was told by one of the Wikimedia UK volunteers that they are using one of the banners which is an image, and 'Read Now' is part of the image. So they have to make a new image using the translation of Read Now (part of the core messages on meta at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Core_messages) for each language.

If you are in the UK then you need to know that it appears that there is only one Wikimedia UK volunteer who can do the work of producing the individual images in different languages and of amending the link from the banner so that it goes to the translated landing page (the appeal letter and the donation interface).  I don't think that this volunteer will have the time to do these images for at least another week, because of commitments outside of Wikipedia. You will also need to specifically request that Wikimedia UK fixes this on your language Wikipedia - because this is time-consuming I guess that they won't be doing this for any language unless it is requested.

If you are not in the UK - the issue may be similar but with a different Wikimedia chapter.

You need to mention your language, where you are and provide a link to the landing page you get taken to if you click the banner, to get an answer from the people who know more than I do.

Regards,
Eleri James