[Translators-l] Fundraiser messages for Welsh

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Sat Dec 4 20:35:20 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Eleri James <elerijms at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The additional core messages for the Welsh fundraiser were published on
> 30 November. However, the 'read now' button on the banner is still appearing
> in English on Welsh Wikipedia - see http://cy.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafan.

This is only appearing for users in the UK, because they're getting
WMUK's banners.  (The banners I have don't have a "Read Now" button
and they're fully translated in Welsh.)

Seddon or Mike, have either of you had a chance to look into this issue?

> Also, we are still being directed to a 'UKtesting' landing page which is in
> English - see http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/GB?utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=UKtesting1120&utm_source=2010_JA1_Banner2_button_GB&country_code=GB

Seddon or Mike, would you be okay with us creating a Welsh version of
WMFJA1/GB?  If so, I'll work with Eleri so that we can get this fixed.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023