[Translators-l] EDITOR APPEAL: Kartika Translation

Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu) jerry.tschan.yu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 04:47:46 UTC 2010

I just have a suggestion that

we better ask the editors themselves to also help to "translate" into their
own languages
(the rest left to the volunteers of course)

as they know their appeal best I suppose

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 05:53, Tommy Engman <tommy.engman at mail.se> wrote:

>  Philippe -
> I suggest you let other currencies be named in the appeals - it makes
> "identification" easier: "This is meant for me!" And when contributing
> people understand that all currencies can not be handled.
>
> Tommy Engman
> Sweden
>
> Philippe Beaudette skrev 2010-12-02 22:37:
>
> The key to this is supported currencies:  if the currency is on our list of
> supported ones, yes.
>
>  If not, no.  :(
>

> https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_currency_codes
> _______________________
> Philippe Beaudette
> Head of Reader Relations
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
>
> ofc: +1 415 839 6885 x6643
> mobile: +1 918 200 WIKI (9454)
>
> pbeaudette at wikimedia.org
>
>  *Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in *
> *the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>
> http://donate.wikimedia.org*
>

>  On Dec 2, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:
>
>  This time the currencies are more varied - $, €, ¥. Can i add ₪ to the
> Hebrew translation or maybe replace the ¥ with it? ₪ is a lot more relevant
> to most Hebrew speakers than ¥ is.
>

> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 22:42, Sam Chapman <schapman at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
>> Greetings Translators!
>>
>> There is a new request on the meta translation hub. It is located under
>> "Editor Appeals" at:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Translation
>> Currently we need the appeal from Editor Kartika to be translated:
>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Editor_Appeals/en
>> There will be more editor appeals added here throughout the fundraiser.
>> Stay tuned!
>>
>> ~schapman
>>
>> --
>> Sam Chapman
>> Associate Community Officer
>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>
>> schapman at wikimedia.org
>>
>> Imagine a world in which every human being can freely share in
>> the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!
>>
>> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

Jerry~雨雨
Jeromy-Yu Maximilian Chan, ARAD
http://about.me/jeromyu/bio
http://jeromyu.blogspot.com
also Jeromyu on twitter, plurk and most of places

Tel (Mobile): +852 9279 1601
Perdat ego veni ut plasticum habeant et arachis habeant