[Translators-l] How to change edit box setting, and how to remove Hindi typing help

V S Rawat vsrawat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 06:44:09 UTC 2009

Not directly related to translation, but technical help for me to do the translations.
--

Wiki is presenting an edit box for editing of the content of pages.

I am finding that this editbox has now somehow grown too big such that it covers most of my screen and I have to scroll up and down a lot to see the full edit box and its content. It is not convenient. How do I reduce/ change the size of such edit box so that it is, say, 15 lines or so, at most something that shows the entire edit box and some of the surrounding page contents in a single screen?
--

Also, I had fiddled around with fonts so I noticed today that the edit box is showing contents in Times new roman, very small size that is looking ugly. I would be happy with Verdana/ Tahoma 10. How do I change the font and size for the content to be displayed in the edit box.
--

Also, today I logged into wiki after a long time and found that above the above mentioned editbox

चेक सन्दूक पर क्लिक करें ध्वन्यात्मक देवनागरी में लिखने के लिए (परीक्षण प्रावस्था)
For those who might not know Hindi, it says click on the box to write in phonetic devanagari script (text ??)

As default that box is checked so whatever i start typing comes in Hindi/ devanagari. Now, wiki is using some other keyboard layout that is not familiar to me so I found it inconvenient and cant use it. I have my own keyboard layout that I switch between Hindi/ English by window default of Alt-Shift. It is irritating that I have to "unclick" this box and then to adjust the keyboard language setting.

How do I make this check box appear unchecked so that I get English interface only, that I can change to my own hindi keyboard layout by my own keyboard shortcut.

All this is about http://hi.wiktionary.org where I use Unicode devanagari/ hindi with English on winxpsp3 ff3.0.8. I have not yet checked it on other wiki domains.

Thanks.
--
Rawat