[Translators-l] [Wikitech-l] Licensing update: Final steps

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:25:09 UTC 2009

Erik Moeller wrote:
> 2009/6/9 Platonides <Platonides at gmail.com>:
>> Sorry if it has already been discussed before but, why has the English
>> version to be included in the same page?
>> Isn't a link good enough?
>
> In the past years we've seen substantial semantic drift in the various
> localized/translated versions. Having the English version visible for
> consistent reference should help to avoid this. A two-column format
> should make it not-too-irritating.

I find it unfriendly, but permanently showing the original text for
everybody would certainly make much easier to notice the variations.

>> We also need a technical way of flagging CC-BY-SA only content
>> (page_props?).
>
> No, we're not committing to any advanced tracking of GFDL; it's an
> obligation of re-users. (Which they should be able to meet by checking
> for attribution of single-licensed content.)

Are we at least going to provide some rules so third-party attribution
will be easier to track from now on?
The license change seems the best time to do such shifts.