[Translators-l] Licensing update: Final steps

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:54:46 UTC 2009

Erik Moeller wrote:
> All,
>
> after some internal discussion with the licensing update committee,
> I'm proposing the following final site terms to be implemented on all
> Wikimedia projects that currently use GFDL as their primary content
> license, as well as the relevant multimedia templates:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Implementation
>
> Please note that these aren't quite yet ready for translation yet
> (hence labeled draft). Please provide feedback here or on the talk
> page, ideally by Thursday night UTC so we can move the process forward
> on Friday.

>  "the unmodified English original must be included in equal prominence to any translation."

Sorry if it has already been discussed before but, why has the English
version to be included in the same page?
Isn't a link good enough?

I know how much lawyers like such things, but it makes it harder for
non-English languages.

Regarding terms translation, we should make it including a link to every
language from every project.

> In terms of implementing these changes, I suggest the following:
>
> 1) That the relevant site configuration variables are updated on June 15;

We also need a technical way of flagging CC-BY-SA only content
(page_props?).