[Translators-l] Wiki-to-print to go live in more languages tomorrow

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 18 00:30:07 UTC 2009

Hello all,

we're planning to gradually enable the wiki-to-print functionality in
more languages, starting with a new batch tomorrow. The batch we'd
like to enable tomorrow is French, Polish, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish,
and Simple English. According to
http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Mwlib.rl as well as
http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Collection/Collection.i18n.php?revision=47380&view=markup
, the core messages for those languages should be well-translated at
this point (thanks, TranslateWiki!).

There are additional help pages at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books/for_experts
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books/Frequently_Asked_Questions
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Book_tool/Help/Books/Feedback

which need to be translated. We don't want this to hold up deployment
of the feature, so our plan right now is to add links to these English
baseline pages in the relevant places in the Help: namespace of the
languages where we deploy the project, so that the communities can
over time translate or build local help as appropriate.

Any help reviewing and improving these pages, as well as beginning the
translation process, is appreciated.

Please note that the extension doesn't currently support certain
languages well or at all (CJK, right-to-left); we hope to address
these issues over time and won't deploy it yet in languages it isn't
ready for.

Comments, questions, suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Erik

--
Erik Möller