[Translators-l] Where did our translation go?

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Wed Aug 5 13:30:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Petr Kadlec<petr.kadlec at gmail.com> wrote:
> Clicking through to get to spi.org, and, at their server… the whole
> explanation text is in English again…

That's not good, I'll ask someone to update it now.

> It kind of reduces the motivation to translate, doesn’t it?

The main person whose work was wasted was mine, and perhaps egg who
copyedited.  We did our best to reuse translations from previous years
so that there was the least amount of work for you guys (only
copyediting work) since we got these texts at the last minute.  I'm
not sure how this page slipped through the cracks when Tim's script
updated spiwiki.

> It kind of reduces the motivation to translate, doesn’t it?

You're right that this is not good, we do our best to avoid situations
like this (finding proofreaders so already translated texts can be
published, getting people to finish so that the work already done is
not a waste, making sure texts are published as soon as possible) but
sometimes they happen anyway.  Thank you for pointing it out to the
list, we can't get it fixed if we don't know the problem's there.

> (The only
> good thing is that I personally did not take part in this specific
> translation, so it has not been my own work wasted.)

Actually, it *was* your work (and some others') from over a year ago. ;-)

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Jan Urbánek<zirland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am the translator of this message. I spoke with this problem to Casey
> Brown (Kibble) like week or two ago. He told me there was some bug and it
> should be fixed in about an hour.

That was the CentralNotice, wasn't it?

--
Casey Brown