[Translators-l] Where did our translation go?

Petr Kadlec petr.kadlec at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:35:16 UTC 2009

I am not sure who is to blame, so I am sending my rant here.

The Czech (cs) row at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2009/Translation is
almost completely green (with one exception of yellow “Candidates”).
If I check http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2009/Vote_interface/cs
then, indeed, it is correctly translated, and has been correctly
translated almost immediately after it has been created.

But still, when I went to my home http://cs.wikipedia.org/ today and
clicked on the centralnotice to vote, I landed on
http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:SecurePoll/vote/17, where the
introductory sentence is in English! (Check
http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:SecurePoll/vote/17?uselang=cs)
OK, no big deal, one English sentence slipped through, I thought…
Clicking through to get to spi.org, and, at their server… the whole
explanation text is in English again…

It kind of reduces the motivation to translate, doesn’t it? (The only
good thing is that I personally did not take part in this specific
translation, so it has not been my own work wasted.)

-- [[cs:User:Mormegil | Petr Kadlec]]