[Translators-l] [Fundraiser 2008] Translations begin!

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:57:48 UTC 2008

Ikuko, you are welcome :)

There are translation teams in several languages (see
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_teams you may find other
teams like Arabic, Chinese ...) but there are not all of many
languages which are empowered by multiple translators. There are many
languages without such pages but still collaborating.

If you feel working alone in your language, you could try to
communicate other translators

* via IRC [1]
* via skype [2]
* via Babylon noticeboard [3]

And of course on this mailing list.

[1]irc://chat.freenode.net/wikimedia-translation
[2]http://www.skype.com/go/joinpublicchat?skypename=bastique&topic=WMF%202008%20Fundraiser%20Translations%20Channel%20-%20Translations%20expected%20to%20begin%20soon%20(source%20materials%20by%20TONIGHT%20PDT!)&blob=uTvg-ZH_VfjTEWi9uTHwhlweP9tWqqr2h6TtMsbltGgb4SYd8VlEqLG-0_pTZnWc6azkXy9DAb1I2x3zToWa8hMqPFijcsTqu5yb-RoJBJroDI9d03HcRaOxw8AysUiqSzubWl0-dXSbakkuSyeMVWjArZEDDbOoVc9ijXYrAb-sFlkGLg2OfIZnxogXRZTpZ01CVsFIuzZyQsQ7qMxbj_A1wg
[3]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Babylon

Happy translation!