[Translators-l] [Fundraising 2008] Supplementary pages
cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 00:57:29 UTC 2008
You all have done a phenomenal job on the fund-drive so far. :-) We
currently have over 60 languages with the "core messages" completed
and published, that's all thanks to you guys!
However, as some of you may have noticed, we have only translated the
most important pages in "core messages" (Landing page, Donate Now, and
Support/Thank You). Now that have that mostly wrapped up and
completed, we are starting a translation request for the
"supplementary pages". Since there are quite a few of them, we have
broken them down by priority.
1. Missing => There are a few strings needed that weren't given in
"core messages". Some of these are already translated from m:TR/quick
and other places. However, if they're not, please translate them so
that the other pages can be complete.
2. WaysToGive => These are the other ways for users to donate. If
necessary, it is possible to localize this page in addition to
2. Video Subtitles => These are the subtitles for the "Jimmy Wales
video". The subtitles are the same as the ones that were used last
year, so some languages are already fully translated.
3. Questions => This is a very large page, you may not want to do this
all at once. :-)
4. Stories => This page for users to submit their stories about
Wikipedia & how it has made their lives easier. They would probably
be more apt to submit a story, if the interface was in their language.
5. Benefactors => A list of benefactors (those who donated a large
amount of money or have donated hardware)
5. Transparency => A page about the Wikimedia Foundation, which
describes their commitment to transparency.
5. Chapters => List of chapters and information about those
participating in the Fundraiser
Thank you for all your hard work so far!
If you have any questions, problems, or concerns, please feel free to
e-mail this list/me or contact us on Skype.
Note: This e-mail address is used for mailing lists. Personal emails sent to
this address will probably get lost.
More information about the Translators-l