[Translators-l] RTL support of Donate-main template

Huji huji.huji at gmail.com
Thu May 8 22:02:42 UTC 2008

Hello all,

A while ago, I had a discussion with Aphaia (and later with a few others of
the guys) about how "Donate-main"[1] template on the Foundation wiki had
restricted its use for right-to-left (RTL) languages by its bad design. In
the first place, I was looking for a CSS only solution for the problem, and
later we figured some parts of the template code should be change. However,
I didn't have time to deal with it until tonight.

I'd like to announce the big changes [2],[3] that have made this template
capable of supporting RTL languages a lot better than before. I have updated
"Donate/fa"[4] <http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/fa> accordingly.
I also had to change an Extension used on Foundation wiki to make it
possible for the template to align the texts to right when needed [5]. This
change hasn't been applied to the Foundation wiki yet, but will be applied
soon.

Cheers,

Hojjat (aka Huji)

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Template:Donate-main