[Translators-l] Update: Survey translations

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 4 18:16:08 UTC 2008

As per my previous request, we're still looking for translators for
the first general survey of Wikipedia users and contributors. It is my
belief that this is a tremendously important project, as it will net
tons of useful data about who our audience and contributors are. From
very basic questions like gender and profession, it looks at
motivations, expectations and activities. Data like this is critical
for planning outreach events targeting specific audiences, for making
technical improvements, for developing policies, for improving
multilingual cooperation, and so forth.

And, if we do not have a translation in your language, we will not be
able to get data from contributors in your language. So, please help.
:-)

So far we have translators for:
* Polish
* Serbian
* German
* Persian
* a French reviewer

Even for those languages, more reviewers would be helpful, but I'm
thinking that we can do a lot better. :-)

Please e-mail me offlist (erik at wikimedia dot org) if you can
provide a translation into another language. (Please also state your
level of comfort in both English and the language you want to
translate to.) The total text is about 25,000 characters, and we'll
try to eliminate anything we can get from existing data sources before
sending out the translation spreadsheet.

Thanks!
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation